The UK's first long-term impact-focused equity fund
Bridges Evergreen seeks to partner with ambitious, highly impactful businesses that are helping to solve our most pressing social and environmental challenges.
Evergreen’s patient, flexible, values-aligned capital – coupled with ongoing strategic and operational support – enables these organisations to accelerate their growth and scale their impact.
UK patient capital vehicle to support highly impactful businesses
energy savings delivered by AgilityEco in FY20/21
learners supported by Skills Training UK last year
If we are to have any hope of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, business has a vital role to play. However, impactful businesses with ambitions to scale often struggle to find a like-minded investment partner to support their long-term growth.
Evergreen was the first equity fund in the UK designed to meet this need. We invest in scalable, profitable, cash-generative businesses with a compelling impact thesis, a clear value creation strategy and a high-quality, values-driven management team.
Our patient, flexible capital supports decision-making that is in the best long-term interest of the business; while our impact management expertise helps the business to deliver better outcomes for its key stakeholders.
“We wanted to work with Bridges because they understood our sector, our ethos and our values – and they shared our focus on delivering the best possible outcomes for the young people in our care. Through Evergreen, they are able to provide the long-term support we need.”
What we look for
- Highly impactful business that are growing and cash-generative
- A clear linkage between financial and impact performance
- High-quality, purpose-driven management teams
What we offer
- Typical equity cheque of £10-30m
- Flexible and patient ownership horizon which facilitates impact optimisation and long-term decision making
- Lower-risk deal profile than typical private equity model with a highly prudent approach to leverage
- Extensive experience of supporting value creation initiatives
- Best-in-class impact management and reporting via our specialist in-house team
- Access to the broader Bridges network of business and sector experts
“What stood out about Bridges was the commonality of purpose, in terms of improving people's lives. We want to scale, and scale with quality - and the partnership with Bridges will help us to do that faster and better”
Bridges and HubCap join forces for new…
We’re excited to be teaming up again with our long-standing partner HUB –…
Bridges' Leeds BTR scheme secures £108m forward…
Alongside our longstanding partner, HUB, we are delighted to have secured £108m of…
Bridges launches new Renaiss Health platform, with…
We're delighted to announce that we have achieved planning consent in Richmond, south-west…