Careers at Bridges
Performance and Operations Manager, Stronger Families
Deadline for applications: 5 April 2019
The Role: To act as the key coordinator and liaison with Local Authority commissioning leads and the delivery partner, in providing insight, evidence and analysis to enable effective operational and strategic decision making ensuring the Stronger Families Social Outcomes Contracts achieve their stated goals and objectives
Responsible to: Stronger Families Project Board
Position: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Flexible (travelling to Norfolk and Suffolk required)
Stronger Families is a unique and innovative collaboration between the social sector, the local government and a social investor. It has been created to give the opportunity for vulnerable young people in Norfolk and Suffolk to access a therapeutic programme that can help them stay out of care and deliver better outcomes for them and their families.
This pioneering initiative has been commissioned by Norfolk County Council and Suffolk County Council in two different contracts, with support from the Big Lottery Fund using National Lottery funding.
In Norfolk, Stronger Families will provide access to a therapeutic intervention called Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare for 400+ vulnerable young people and their families while in Suffolk will provide access to a therapeutic intervention called Functional Family Therapy for 350+. Both therapeutic programmes are designed to help address a young person’s behavioural issues and improve how the family functions. These programmes are intensive, holistic interventions, based on rigorous evidence.
Both contracts will be delivered by a common specialist delivery partner called Family Psychology Mutual, who brings an extensive experience of implementing evidence-based programmes across the UK.
It has been structured as a Social Outcomes Contract, which means Stronger Families will be paid only if it succeeds in meeting specific outcomes related to keeping the young person with their family and out of care.
Stronger Families is financially backed by Bridges Fund Management, a social investor. Bridges has a mission to provide capital and support to help social sector organisations deliver outcomes contracts. They do this through their investments in Social Impact Bonds and have, to date, invested in 30 SIBs across various sectors (https://www.bridgesfundmanagement.com/for-investors/bridges-social-impact-bond-fund/).
The Performance Manager will work in close collaboration with the diverse set of stakeholders involved, including the Stronger Families Project Board led by a non-executive Chair. The Performance Manager will be supported by a data analyst to assist in collecting and reporting on information gathered.
As the most senior full-time role within Stronger Families, the Performance Manager will take the lead on ensuring the range of regular reporting deliverables and various other ad hoc projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of the Stronger Families delivery and encourage and support greater collaboration to maximise both efficiency and effectiveness.
The post holder will project manage much of Stronger Families in its guise as a social outcomes contract and will be responsible for continued development of positive relationships and engagement with Local Authorities, delivery partner, investor and wider partners through the delivery phase.
Your Challenge (detailed view)
• Collection, Analysis and Reporting of Data
– Acting in ‘quality control’ capacity in the timely and accurate collection, analysis and reporting of data
– Drawing insights from the data and ensuring analysis is presented clearly and concisely for stakeholders
– Ensuring data dashboards are relevant and provide the necessary early warning mechanisms to identify priorities for action
– Ensuring the smooth transfer and validation of key outcomes data with Local Authorities to evidence outcomes achieved
• Operational and Strategic Relationship Management
– Day-to-day management of Delivery Partner relationships; including running and attending Delivery Partner management meetings when needed
– Building and maintaining strategic and operational relationships with commissioners in the Local Authorities
– Keeping Stronger Families Project Board informed of progress and of any key issues
– Take the lead in creating packs for monthly board meetings for review by Stronger Families Project Board
– Create ad hoc analysis to support Stronger Families Project Board decision making as needed
– Evolve board pack format as needed to ensure it is relevant for ongoing decision making
– Create other reports as required
• Management of Operational and Financial model
– Ensure the regular updating of the operational and financial model to ensure Stronger Families is continually aware of progress as against stated goals and objectives
– Create reports as required by Stronger Families Project Board which provide key insights in support of operational and strategic decision-making
– Manage outcome payments processing in an accurate and timely manner and proactively resolving issues as they arise notifying Stronger Families Project Board as required
• Day-to-Day Management of the Performance and Data Analyst role
– Setting priorities in conjunction with Stronger Families Project Board and the overall delivery needs of the organisation to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent leadership and strategic development skills
• Excellent senior stakeholder skills and inter-personal skills
• Ability to manage a wide range of projects, priorities and individual workstreams in alignment with Stronger Families’ stated goals and objectives
• Technical skills in excel and financial management, to manage the operational/ financial model
• Ability to develop and manage positive and collaborative relationships with many partners and stakeholders with different perspectives and interests
• Sound strategic, commercial and entrepreneurial judgement including understanding of contracts
• Team player with strong work ethic and ability to take initiative in proactively resolving issues
• Experience in a strategy consultancy firm or similar
• Experience growing / developing a business / social sector organisation desirable
• Experience of successful operational delivery of projects (payment-by-results or SIB experience desirable)
• Experience in children’s social care services
• Experience working with Local Government desirable
• Passion and desire to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable young people and their families
Negotiable dependent on experience. Annual leave 25 days.
Applicants to the role should send their CV and supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 sides each) to email@example.com no later than 10.00am on 5th April 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place on the week commencing 8th April 2019 with the intention that the successful candidate will be able to commence their duties as quickly as possible.