Head of Impact Management UK
- Head of Impact Management UK (maternity cover)
- Responsible to: Michele Giddens
- Start Date: April
- Status: Full-time
- Location: London
- We are seeking a maternity cover for the Head of Impact Management, to lead impact management across Bridges’ multi-fund platform.
Bridges’ impact management practice is central to our entire investment process: from sourcing deals, to value creation, to exit. The team’s primary role is to optimise and manage the social and environmental impact of our portfolio, working hand-in-hand with our investment teams to:
- Establish sectors and sub-sectors where our capital can add the most value
- Identify impact risks and opportunities pre-investment
- Apply our impact tools to measure and optimise impact during an investment
- Deliver best-in-class impact initiatives that drive value across the portfolio
- Lead on impact reporting that positions Bridges well with investors and the market
We envisage this role will focus on five key priorities:
- Team: Responsible for a knowledgeable team of three in the UK working directly with the co-founder of the business, as well as coordinating impact activities and tool development across Bridges US and Bridges Israel to drive innovation both within Bridges and across the wider market (in conjunction with our IMP colleagues).
- Impact selection: Support origination and investment teams with detailed impact analysis throughout the investment selection process, focusing primarily on the Sustainable Growth and Evergreen funds.
- Impact tracking and engagement: Set impact goals, metrics and targets to track progress through hands-on engagement with portfolio companies; deliver impact initiatives that drive systematic value across the portfolio.
- Impact reporting: Drive data collection and deliver impact reporting that positions Bridges well with investors. Annual data collection, analysis and the production of a written report for investors will be a core deliverable for the head of Impact in Q4 19/20 and Q1 20/21 across all funds.
- Advocacy: Our Impact Team has played an important global role, co-ordinating dynamic pieces of research to provoke and engage thought-leadership across a variety of stakeholders. Continuous advocacy and support of smaller thought pieces will be in scope of this role.