Careers at Bridges
Associate or Senior Associate, Bridges Impact+
The Role: We are looking to recruit an Associate or Senior Associate to join Bridges’ Impact+ team in the U.S. This is a terrific opportunity for a dynamic, creative individual who is passionate about impact investing. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented yet strategic, with 2-4 years’ experience in consulting or investment banking, or similar, and with a deep personal commitment to social or environmental impact.
Start Date: October 1, 2017 or sooner
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting Bridges’ two investment teams (Sustainable Growth Funds and Real Estate Funds) throughout the investment process: from impact analysis for investment selection, to engagement with portfolio companies, to tracking and reporting results to stakeholders.
- Specifically, this includes:
- Diligently contribute to sourcing new investment opportunities by, for example, analyzing environmental and social trends
- Professionally lead due diligence on how potential investee companies and assets manage their impact and environmental, social and governance factors
- Successfully collaborate with Bridges Fund Management investment teams and company management teams to identify opportunities for enhancing the performance and impact of portfolio companies and assets
- Successfully support portfolio companies and assets to deliver initiatives to enhance their impact and performance
- Compile engaging reporting on the performance of portfolio companies and assets
- Contribute to Bridges Fund Management’s growth in the U.S. by, for example, supporting the identification of expansion opportunities and by planning their implementation
Desired qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Relationship building: an ability to establish strong professional relationships with others; possess professional emotional intelligence; and skill collaborating with others to deliver compelling results in demanding situations. Communicates articulately and persuasively, both in person and in writing.
- Impact creation: an authentic passion for impactful businesses and investment; environmental and social topics; and the interaction of investment and society.
- Problem solving: an ability to find creative, practical solutions; to efficiently distill clear insights from incisive analysis, often requiring analysis of large sets of data; and to quickly build a solid understanding of complex, nuanced topics and present in a structured way. Curious, thorough and thoughtful.
- Organizational development: solid operational skills, management capabilities, and a strong desire to contribute to creating positive, enduring change.
In addition, the successful candidate is likely to have previously:
- Delivered operational improvement within companies, either in management or as a consultant
- Gained first-hand experience of the integration of impact considerations into business operations and/or investment through, for example, working within a social enterprise or impactful investment firm.
- Performed well in a strong undergraduate academic program and demonstrated extra-curricular leadership. Exposure to statistical analysis and quantitative critical thinking is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships quickly, inspiring trust and confidence in a professional way
- Creative and solutions-oriented, adaptable across a range of skills and functions; able to apply skills from prior structured training to pioneer new tools, frameworks, strategies in an evolving environment
- Comfortable managing tight, competing deadlines, with proven ability to prioritise effectively, with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate fluently with a wide variety of stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Experience working effectively independently and within a team
- Flexibility to work within a growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy
Bridges Fund Management is a specialist fund manager, dedicated to using an impact-driven investment approach to create returns for both investors and society at-large. We have currently raised over $1bn across three types of funds: Sustainable Growth Funds, Property Funds and the Social Sector Funds.
As a firm, Bridges has a strong commitment not only to promoting financial and societal returns through its own funds but also to supporting the growth of the wider sustainable and impact investment sector, by sharing practitioner knowledge that can help grow the market. It is in this spirit that we established Bridges Impact+, our advisory function. Impact+ provides advisory services to a select group of external clients, ranging from investors to governments to charities to corporates. We combine theoretical rigor and subject expertise with the action-oriented approach of a practitioner – all rooted in our 15 years’ experience of the day-to-day realities of investing for impact.
Remuneration: Competitive package commensurate to experience
Application Process: Interested candidates must be eligible to work in the US. They should submit their CV, along with a short cover letter clearly indicating their experience in line with the above specification, for the attention of Sarah Freeman to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject Associate, Bridges Impact+, by September 15th, 2017.
Please note that we will be considering candidates on a rolling basis, so encourage you to apply early. We anticipate a high volume of applications and are unable to respond to all applicants. Bridges is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in promoting a strong firm culture and excellence in decision-making, and we are seeking to recruit a diverse pool of candidates.