Careers at Bridges
Investment Director, Social Sector Funds
The Role: To assess new investment opportunities, structure investments and manage portfolio companies for Bridges Evergreen Holdings
Responsible to: Head of Bridges Evergreen Holdings
Start Date: September 2018
Bridges is a specialist fund manager dedicated exclusively to using an impact-driven investment approach to create attractive societal and financial returns. We believe that market forces and entrepreneurship can be harnessed to do well by doing good.
We have raised £1bn of capital committed to impact investing, and are recognised internationally for our 15-year track record of proven results, and our ongoing thought leadership in this space.
Our founders, partners and investors are leaders in private equity, financial services, business, social policy and entrepreneurship. They provide valuable expertise and a vast network of contacts for Bridges, which help us work with our investments to give them the best chance to flourish.
Across all our funds, our team provides valuable expertise and a huge network of contacts which help us work with our investments to give them the best chance to flourish.
The Social Sectors Funds team is a pioneering investor in mission-led enterprises. We started with the Social Entrepreneurs Fund raised in 2008 that invested into successful mission-led businesses. This was followed by two funds; the first, a dedicated Social Impact Bond Fund raised in 2013, was the world’s first dedicated fund supporting the delivery of high impact outcomes contracts. The second is Bridges Evergreen Holdings, launched in late 2016. BEH is the UK’s first permanent capital vehicle for investment into mission-led organisations.
BEH has made three investments to date and deployed most of the initial capital raised. It is currently closing a capital increase at £50m (from an initial £22.5m). BEH provides equity and loan capital to innovative and impactful social sector organisations, supports employee owned businesses and spin outs of mission-led businesses from the public sector, and invests in established for profit businesses which have the potential to deliver more impactful services and accelerate growth through migrating to a mission led model.
Bridges is now seeking an Investment Director to join the BEH team and help expand further its portfolio
The role is full time.
- Identifying high impact sectors/businesses
- Analysing and structuring new investment opportunities
- Evaluating management teams
- Presenting investment papers
- Working closely with portfolio companies to maximise both the financial and social impact of investments
Skills and Qualifications Required
- 5+ years experience in deal origination and a successful track record of deal execution
- Excellent academic qualifications
- Strong financial and business analytical skills
- Operational experience to support growing teams and dynamic growth businesses
- Commercial acumen
- Good strategic, commercial and entrepreneurial judgement
- Keen interest in sustainable and impact investment
- Ability to communicate well with entrepreneurs and influence boards
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexibility to work within a growing environment
The candidate will have had 5+ years experience in deal origination and execution.
Competitive package, commensurate with candidate’s previous experience
Interested candidates should submit their CV, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com, using reference ‘BEH ID Application’.