Stronger Families: Data & Operations Analyst
- To lead on data collection and analysis critical to the successful delivery of the Stronger Families Social Outcomes Contracts
- Responsible to: Stronger Families Operations and Performance Manager
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Status: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: Norfolk and Suffolk (travelling required)
- Renumeration: £28k
Stronger Families is a social enterprise that is a unique and innovative collaboration between the social sector, the local government and a social investor. Stronger Families has been created to give the opportunity for vulnerable young people in Norfolk and Suffolk to access a therapeutic programme that can help them stay out of care and deliver better outcomes for them and their families.
Stronger Families bid and won two contracts with Norfolk County Council and Suffolk County Council, that are also supported by the Big Lottery Fund using National Lottery funding. Stronger Families in Norfolk launched in February 2019 and in Suffolk in March 2019.
In Norfolk, Stronger Families provides access to a therapeutic intervention called Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare for 400+ vulnerable young people and their families while in Suffolk provides access to a therapeutic intervention called Functional Family Therapy for 350+. Both therapeutic programmes are designed to help address a young person’s behavioural issues and improve how the family functions. These programmes are intensive, holistic interventions, based on rigorous evidence.
Both contracts are delivered by a common specialist delivery partner called Family Psychology Mutual, who brings an extensive experience of implementing evidence-based programmes across the UK.
It has been structured as a Social Outcomes Contract, which means Stronger Families is paid only if it succeeds in meeting specific outcomes related to keeping the young person with their family and out of care.
Stronger Families is financially backed by Bridges Fund Management, a social investor. Bridges has a mission to provide capital and support to help social sector organisations deliver outcomes contracts. They do this through their investments in Social Outcomes Contracts (SOCs), and have, to date, invested in 40 SOCs across various sectors (http://www.bridgesfundmanagement.com/for-investors/bridges-social-impact-bond-fund/).
The focus of your work will be to lead on data collection and analysis critical to the successful delivery of this programme. You will report to the Stronger Families Performance and Operations Manager. You work in close collaboration with the diverse set of stakeholders involved, including the Stronger Families Project Board led by a non-executive Chair.
You will also actively participate in the design and refinement of our systems and approaches to support greater collaboration across the Councils and the delivery organisation. You will be critical to identifying priority areas for adaptive management to ensure that the programme is continually learning and applying this to improve operational performance and deliver positive social outcomes.
Your Challenge (detailed view)
- Collection, Analysis and Reporting of Data
- Lead on the creation of detailed analysis and performance reporting used to help drive improvement and innovation in the service and prevent more vulnerable families from breaking down.
- Support the Stronger Families Performance and Operations Manager in creating packs for monthly board meetings for review by Stronger Families Project Board.
- Create ad hoc analysis to support Stronger Families Project Board decision making as needed.
- Create other reports as required.
- Referral and outcomes data
- Work with the delivery partner to ensure that all referrals are collected and entered correctly.
- Liaise with data contacts at the delivery organisations to collect outcomes data.
- Clean data as needed and check data for accuracy.
- Invoicing / payments
- Work with the Stronger Families Performance and Operations Manager to ensure that invoices for outcomes are made in a timely manner and are paid.
- Process Improvement
- Work with the Stronger Families Performance and Operations Manager and delivery partner / Council data persons to continually develop and refine data collection processes to make them as streamlined and efficient as possible.
The successful candidate will have:
- Desire to support a unique impact-led project
- Passion and desire to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable young people and their families
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects, priorities and individual workstreams in alignment with Stronger Families’ stated goals and objectives
- Problem-solving skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Local Government desirable
- Experience in children’s social care services
Applicants to the role should send their CV and supporting statement detailing how they meet the requirements of the role description (no more than 1 side of A4 each) to email@example.com no later than 10.00am on 25th November 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place on the week commencing 2nd December 2019 with the intention that the successful candidate will be able to commence their duties as quickly as possible.