SPRING: Project Development Manager
- Lead the implementation of an innovative Social Prescribing service in Northamptonshire.
- Responsible to: Health Outcomes Director
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Status: Six months full time with potential to extend based on performance
- Location: Northamptonshire
- Renumeration: Competitive, depending on experience
SPRING is a partnership of social sector organisations, commissioned by Northamptonshire Health & Care Partnership, to improve the wellbeing of people in Northamptonshire using Social Prescribing. We take a person-centred approach and a holistic view towards wellbeing. Our goal is to help people, using our Social Prescribing service, take a leap forward in managing their wellbeing and long-term conditions.
In Northamptonshire, and elsewhere in the UK, the population is growing and getting older, putting increasing pressure on the health and care system. The NHS long-term strategic plan proposes to tackle this increased pressure by providing a more holistic, preventative-focused and community-based approach to healthcare. Social Prescribing provides an effective and cost-efficient contributory solution, because it:
- Focuses on prevention of ill health and the promotion of positive health and wellbeing (both mental and physical), through community-based services.
- Addresses the needs of the more vulnerable and harder to reach populations, through a community support model, and, by doing so, tackling health inequalities in our county.
- Offers a service that integrates all stakeholders (patients, practitioners and support community) to focus on addressing the needs of each individual in a holistic way.
- Aims to improve both physical and mental health and wellbeing by improving resilience and community support.
SPRING is an outcomes contract where we are paid for achieving positive social outcomes for our service users relating to improvement in wellbeing. This model allows flexibility in how the service is delivered with a focus on evolving the service delivery model to best achieve the target social outcomes for the people we support.
SPRING is subsidiary of Bridges Outcomes Partnerships, a not-for-profit social enterprise established to develop and deliver outcomes-based contracts, working in partnership with public sector commissioners and impact driven delivery organisations. Further details can be found at www.bridgesoutcomespartnerships.org.
The delivery is to be carried out by contracted 2-4 Delivery Partners across Northamptonshire, who will hire the Link Works, build relationships with Social Prescription providers and manage referrals and client relationships.
Your role is critical to the success of SPRING. You will lead the mobilisation of SPRING across Northamptonshire, working in close collaboration with the Delivery Partners and Commissioners to successfully launch the programme during the Summer of 2020. You will do this by:
- Building strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Establishing strong relationships with the Commissioners, Delivery Partners and other project stakeholders, with strong processes in place to ensure clear communications
- Co-ordinating individuals across different mobilisation workstreams
- Making things happen
- Lead all mobilisation activities and be accountable for the successful implementation of the service across Northamptonshire
- Support the logistics of the Delivery Partner selection process
- Support and performance manage Delivery Partners to deliver performance impact targets
- Ensuring effective data collection
- Put in place processes and people to make sure that all data that is relevant to the project (such as health needs in the different geographies and social prescriptions available) is collected in a way that is robust and can be easily adapted as needed
- Analyse information, find insights and report to the Project Board and other stakeholders
- Putting effective programme management in place
- Establishing effective project governance / oversight processes including leading regular project update meetings; making changes to the processes as needed
- Reporting on project progress to all stakeholders appropriately
- Line managing any team members as needed
- Helping any team members develop and grow in their role
- Put in place appropriate performance management, including regular visits
- Suggest changes to roles of team members as needed as project evolves
- Passion and desire to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Experience in implementing, delivering and managing services
- Proven capability in mobilising complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and strategic development skills
- Excellent senior stakeholder skills and inter-personal skills
- Excellent programme management skills
- Ability to develop and manage positive and collaborative relationships with many partners and stakeholders with different perspectives and interests
- Team player with strong work ethic and ability to take initiative in proactively resolving issues
- Strong MS office skills
- Experience growing / developing a business / social sector organisation
- Experience of delivering and/or mobilising Social Prescribing / Community Health projects
- Payment-by-results or social impact bond experience
- Experience working with Local Government and/or NHS
Applicants to the role should send their CV and supporting statement (no more than 1 A4 side) to email@example.com by 6th December 2019.