Data and Operations Analyst
- An opportunity to be part of a new youth homeless prevention social outcomes project which will support vulnerable young people in Greater Manchester away from homelessness.
- Responsible to: GM BOP Board
- Start Date: ASAP
- Status: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Greater Manchester
- £30k - £35k, depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new youth homeless prevention social outcomes project which will support vulnerable young people in Greater Manchester away from homelessness.
This role will be to support Greater Manchester Better Outcomes Partnerships (GM BOP), a social enterprise that will work in partnership with Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) and local VCSE delivery organisations to prevent vulnerable young people across Greater Manchester (GM) from becoming homeless.
Young people are particularly vulnerable to homelessness, and especially now, as the economic impacts of Covid-19 and the lockdown begin to take effect. This project is mobilising now and will launch in 3 Local Authority areas (Manchester, Salford and Bolton) in January so that it is able to support young people during this challenging time. Alongside supporting young people away from homelessness, over the first year, GMBOP will lead the on-going development of the intervention, and the design of the delivery partnership of frontline organisations, ahead of expanding the service as a social outcomes contract across Greater Manchester by December 2021.
GM BOP is a subsidiary of Bridges Outcomes Partnerships, a not-for-profit social enterprise established to develop and deliver outcomes-based contracts, working in partnership with public sector commissioners and impact driven delivery organisations.
As the Data and Operations analyst your primary focus will be to lead on data collection and analysis critical to the successful implementation and delivery of the programme. You will report to the Programme Manager and work in close collaboration with the diverse set of stakeholders involved, including the Delivery Partners, Local Authorities and the Project Board.
You will also actively participate in the design and refinement of our systems and approaches to support greater collaboration across the Delivery Partners and the Commissioner. You will be critical to identifying priority areas for adaptive management to ensure that the programme is continually learning and applying this to improve operational performance and deliver positive social outcomes.
What will you be accountable for?
Analysis and Reporting
- Lead on the creation of high-quality analysis and performance reporting that can actively enable the development, improvement and innovation within the service which in turn improves the wellbeing of the beneficiaries on the programmes
- Support the Programme Manager in creating packs for monthly board meetings for review by the project board to better inform decision making
- Identify patterns, trends and root causes to anticipate potential challenges/opportunities, and recommend solutions and mitigation plans to address these
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Ad hoc analysis to support decision making as needed
Data accuracy and quality
- Work with the Delivery Partners to ensure that all referrals are collected and entered correctly
- Liaise with data contacts at the Delivery Partners to collect outcomes data
- Identify, evaluate and implement tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Apply quality checks as appropriate to ensure that the data being used for reporting is accurate and valid
- Work with the Programme Manager and Delivery Partners to continually develop and refine data collection processes to make them as streamlined and efficient as possible
- Work with the Programme Manager to ensure that invoices for outcomes are made in a timely manner and are paid.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Desire to support a unique impact-led project
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role presenting and analysing performance data to drive performance improvement
- Passion and desire to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Understands the value of analysis, how to contribute with impact, and what data sources, analytical techniques and tools can be used to provide evidence for decision making
- Ability to undertake a variety of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. It is important to be able to work independently within a team.
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects, priorities and individual workstreams as well as meet time constraints and expectations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal and Team working skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to articulate analytical information
- Problem-solving skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, and income protection.
How to apply?
Applicants should email their CV and supporting statement (no more than 1 A4 side) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th January 2021.