Bridges Outcomes Partnerships: Impact & Finance Analyst
- Oversee reporting and management of the impact and financial performance of the portfolio of Bridges Social Outcomes Contracts
- Responsible to: Impact and Finance Director
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Status: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: London
- Renumeration: £33k. Annual leave 25 days.
A unique and exciting opportunity to join a not-for-profit social enterprise that supports impact-driven delivery organisations to develop and deliver outcomes-based contracts, working in partnership with public sector commissioners. Outcomes-based contracts can help to drive better outcomes for vulnerable people and better value for the public purse, because they offer greater flexibility than traditional Government contracts –coupled with clear accountability for the commissioner.
BOP has been created by Bridges Fund Management, a specialist impact-driven investor. Bridges raised the first fund anywhere in the world dedicated to funding social outcomes contracts. Since then, Bridges has worked with commissioners and providers to design and deliver 40 social outcomes contracts across the UK. So far, these projects have helped over 20,000 beneficiaries, supported 98 mission led delivery organisations, and achieved £80m worth of outcomes for 64 local and national Government commissioners.
Role Outline and Description
The focus of your work will be to assist the Impact and Finance Director to oversee reporting and management of the impact and financial performance of the portfolio of Bridges Social Outcomes Contracts.
The Impact and Finance Analyst will also actively participate in the daily management of the financial operations of BOP and the portfolio partners to ensure smooth running of the processes and timely and accurate report preparation.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to have an overview of the overall portfolio of Bridges Social Outcomes Contracts and to work with the project teams to support their business and impact plan and long-term strategy, to maximise the social outcome successfully delivered by each project
Your Challenge (detailed view)
- Analysis and Reporting
- Coordinate quarterly reporting for Social Outcomes Contracts, from an impact and financial perspective
- Deep-dive analysis into actual figures vs budgeted (impact and financials)
- Prepare impact scorecards
- Financial requirements
- Support external accounting teams with the daily operations
- Ensure that financial reports comply with companies’ policies
- Process Improvement
- Support ad-hoc projects to drive improvement in data collection and data analysis
- Support creation of company internal policies, ensuring financial and contractual processes are based on clear policies and procedures that are effective and support the organisation to achieve its mission
You will have the following skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Desire to support a unique impact-led organisation
- A belief in the role of data to help solve social problems
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Strong financial and business analytical skills
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data
- Problem-solving skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in finance
- Experience working in the social sector / government commissioning environment
- Coding knowledge
Each candidate should submit an expressions of interest, no more than 1 side of A4, detailing how they meet the requirements of the role description and the key competencies. Interviews are expected to take place in November and December 2019 with the intention that the successful candidate will be able to commence their duties as quickly as possible.
Applicants to the role should send their CV to email@example.com by 25th November, 2019.