Bridges Evergreen Holdings: Investment Director
- Investment Director, BEH
- Responsible to: Scott Greenhalgh
- Start Date: ASAP
- Status: Live
- Location: London
- We are seeking an Investment Director to help lead the further growth of Bridges Evergreen Holdings (BEH), our specialist long-term capital vehicle.
BEH is the UK’s first long-term, values- aligned equity partner for mission-led organisations. It provides equity and subordinated loan capital to exciting mission-led businesses and impactful social sector organisations (including employee-owned businesses and public sector spin-outs).
BEH seeks to partner with profitable, cash-generative organisations that have a proven business model and are tackling major issues of social need in the UK. BEH specialises in providing long-term capital to support the growth and deepen the impact of these organisations.
Bridges is now seeking an Investment Director to join the BEH team and help expand its portfolio.
Priorities for the role
There are six priorities for the role, spanning both the short- and medium- term:
- Develop BEH opportunities: Identifying, originating and engaging with impactful business models and investment opportunities.
- Solving problems using first principles: Taking a leading role in conducting financial and commercial analysis and driving forward the investment process for opportunities.
- Create and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships: Engaging with and managing key stakeholders, including management teams and investee companies.
- Work with investee teams on a day-to-day basis: Overseeing and working with portfolio companies to maximise the financial and social impact of investments, by identifying issues and opportunities, initiating projects and driving execution.
- Supporting investor relationships and future fundraisings
- Shaping the evolution of the fund: This will include reporting to the fund’s executive chair and playing a key role in the growth and development of the fund.
Key attributes we are looking for
- A genuine passion to drive social change: We are constantly searching for new ways to dramatically change the status quo. This requires a strategic thinker, with excellent attention to detail and intellectual rigour who will demonstrate the ability to lead on impact and value creation.
- Ability to deliver more than the market expects: We believe that more is possible than the current system is achieving, and we need to demonstrate this in practice. This requires tenacity and relentless optimism.
- Ability to think differently: We will not succeed by copying existing models or structures. Our projects and investments all require the team to think through each problem from first principles and find the most effective and efficient new solution in each case. This requires logic, analytical rigour, and a willingness to question every assumption. It also requires the desire to work in a dynamic environment, along with the ability to be solutions-focused and work in a small team.
- Ability to build and maintain trust: We aim for the edge of what we believe is possible, from ourselves and our partners; this can only be achieved through mutual trust. Everything we do must be open to scrutiny and full transparency. This requires excellent interpersonal skills and absolute integrity.
Suitable candidates will have:
- 8-10 years of experience working in private equity investing or management consulting
- Strong investment track record
- Direct investment and fund management experience
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Excellent academic qualifications – degree level education or experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at working with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience supporting the development of a comprehensive value creation strategy
- Excellent financial and modelling skills
- Strong strategic, commercial and entrepreneurial judgement
- Experience of the social sector, impact investment and a desire to drive profit with purpose
Compensation and Expenses
The remuneration offered will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits include private medical insurance, group income and life insurance, a contribution of 5% salary to the Bridges pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
The appointment will ideally be made as soon as possible.
The role is full-time.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, along with a cover letter to email@example.com using reference ‘BEH ID Application’ by 10th February 2020.