BEH & SGF Associate
- To work across our Evergreen and Sustainable Growth teams, supporting new investments and value and impact creation within our portfolio.
- Responsible to: BEH & SGF Board
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Status: Permanent, full-time
- Location: London
- Remuneration offered dependent on experience
Company: Bridges Fund Management
Bridges operates two investment strategies – with total capital of c. £155m – that work closely together to invest in mission-driven enterprises.
Bridges Evergreen Holdings (‘BEH’) is the UK’s first patient, values-aligned equity partner for mission-led organisations. Launched in mid-2016, it has made four exciting and impactful investments, with 33% of capital remaining to be invested. A further fund-raise is scheduled for 2021.
Bridges Sustainable Growth Funds (‘SGF’) invest in ambitious growth businesses where generating sustainable financial growth (and achievement of a competitive private equity return) is aligned with positive impact. Bridges raised SGF IV in 2017 and has made 4 investments to date, with 50% of the fund’s capital available to deploy. SGF V is expected to be raised in 2021/22.
Bridges is now seeking an Associate to work across the BEH and SGF teams, supporting new investments and value and impact creation within our portfolio.
Priorities for the role
- Developing new opportunities: Analysing new investment opportunities or sectors that are aligned with Bridges’ investment approach, including attending company presentations, drafting initial investment memos and researching target sectors.
- Supporting investment execution: Building detailed financial investment and valuation models, producing insightful company analysis, drafting and presenting of investment committee papers, managing due diligence processes and supporting assessment of management teams.
- Working with investee businesses: Working with portfolio companies to maximise their impact and value creation, including regular interaction with senior management and observing board meetings.
- Develop and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships: Engaging with and building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders linked to both the investment process and Bridges’ ownership period.
More information and candidate requirements: BEH_SGF_Associate November 2020