Our thematic approach drives value throughout the investment cycle
Investment with a difference
Across our platform of funds, our expertise lies in finding investable solutions to pressing social and environmental challenges. Over time, we’ve come to focus on four areas in particular – because that’s where we think our capital can make the biggest difference.
Michele Giddens, Bridges Co-Founder, explains how this thematic approach helps us to generate positive commercial and social impact >>
This thematic focus acts a value driver throughout the investment cycle. It helps us:
- Understand the long-term trends or demand drivers that are changing our markets
- Identify opportunities where an impact-driven strategy can open up a new market, or serve as a source of competitive advantage in an existing market
- Build relationships with exceptional partners who care about purpose as well as financial return
- Build up a network of sector experts who we can draw on for advice, support and recruitment
- Design products and services that reflect shifting demand
- Develop bespoke impact metrics that are fully aligned with commercial success
- Build businesses and properties that are more sustainable in the long-term
We believe in a better way of doing business
We strive to be ethical and responsible investors and asset-owners, taking all potential stakeholders into account in every decision we make.
We are a registered B Corporation (in fact, we are one of
B Corp’s Best for the World).
We are signatories to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment, the Sustainable Protein Initiative, the Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change and the UN Environment #CleanSeas campaign.